The joint has three bones, muscles, tendons, ligaments, and cartilage. The bones are:
- Collarbone (clavicle).
- Shoulder blade (scapula).
- Upper arm bone (humerus).
The upper arm bone fits into the shoulder blade, like a ball and socket. But because the ball of the upper arm is larger than the socket in the blade, it’s not stable.
Muscles, tendons, and ligaments hold the shoulder in place and keep it stable:
- Muscles Buy gasex recall are tissue that helps you move and powers up your body. (Tissue is the material that helps support your body.)
- Tendons are tough but flexible cords of tissue that connect muscle to bone.
- Ligaments are tough bands of tissue that connect bones or cartilage. They support and strengthen joints.
Cartilage is the tough but flexible tissue that covers the ends of your bones at the joint. It helps the shoulder move smoothly and cushions and protects it.